[NTG-context] Ligature suppression word list

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 3 18:42:11 CEST 2021

On 4/3/2021 5:06 PM, denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch wrote:

> <https://github.com/denismaier/context-nolig-wordlist>

For those interested, that file only has ligature prevention definitions.

{
    actions = {
        ["|"] = "noligature"
    },
    words = [[
        Auf|lagefläche
        Auf|lageflächen
        Auf|lagenziffer
        Auf|lagenziffern
    ]],
},

can be (lig prevention already in words):

{
    words = [[
        Auf|lagefläche
        Auf|lageflächen
        Auf|lagenziffer
        Auf|lagenziffern
    ]],
},

or the more efficient (first match only):

{
    actions = {
        ["|"] = "noligature"
    },
    matches = { 1 }
    words = [[
        Auflagefläche
        Auflageflächen
        Auflagenziffer
        Auflagenziffern
    ]],
},

or if you want all matches:

{
    actions = {
        ["|"] = "noligature"
    },
    words = [[
        Auflagefläche
        Auflageflächen
        Auflagenziffer
        Auflagenziffern
    ]],
},

or when you want no kerns either (of course on can also use the petterns
key):

    actions = {
        ["|"] = "noligature nokern"
    },
    words = [[
      ef|fe
    ]],
},

btw, user will also be able to do this in a document source

\startlanguageoptions[de]
     Zapf|innovation
     whatever+innovation
\stoplanguageoptions

ligature prevention in the first and compound word in the next one.

so, one way to see what we need is if users try to analyze their
'exceptions' if they have them defined at all, so that we can spot
possible tricks needed,

(i might actually combine this with exceptions that normally come after
this stage)