[NTG-context] Floating objects next to text mess up paragraph spacing

Daniel Barker danieli.barker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 18:25:52 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have noticed that placing a floating object next to text with location
"left", "right", etc. seems to move the current paragraph slightly up,
resulting in too little space between the current and previous paragraph.

This can be seen quite clearly in the output of the following example:

\setupbodyfont[dejavu, serif, 12pt]

\starttext

  \samplefile{lorem}

  \startplacefigure[location={right, none}]

    \framed[width=3cm, height=2cm]{graphic}

  \stopplacefigure

  \samplefile{lorem}

  \samplefile{lorem}

\stoptext

I am using the current (2021.03.31 18:04) version of ConTeXt LMTX. On
ConTeXt live, which seems to be running an older version, this does not
occur, i.e. the spacing is even, as I would expect it to be.

I assume this is a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,

Daniel