[NTG-context] Grid typesetting, blockquotes in smaller font across pagebreaks

denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 25 14:08:48 CET 2021

Hi,

I'm playing around with grid typesetting. Consider the following example:

--------------------------------------

\setuppapersize[A5][A5]
\setupbodyfont[10pt]

\setuplayout[grid=yes]
\showgrid

\setupdelimitedtext[blockquote]
                                                               [
                                                               style=\tfx,
                                                               %style=\tfx\setupinterlinespace, % this breaks grid snapping
                                                               spacebefore=halfline,
                                                               indentnext=no,
                                                               leftmargin=no,
                                                               rightmargin=no,
                                                               ]

\starttext

\dorecurse{5}{
\dorecurse{5}{Some text on a grid. }

\startblockquote

\dorecurse{10}{A quotation in a smaller font. }

\stopblockquote

\dorecurse{5}{This should be on the grid again. }}

\stoptext

With style=\tfx it kind of works as long as the quotations don't run over page boundaries. With style=\tfx\setupinterlinespace paragraphs after quotations don't snap back to the grid.
Spacebefore=line is somewhat better, but also only if I use \tfx without \setupinterlinespace.

Any hints?

(But maybe I'm approaching the problem from the wrong direction anyway... I need the have pages end consistently at the same baseline, and I thought grid typesetting might be an option here. But maybe that was a wrong assumption in the first place... Or there are better solutions.)

Best,
Denis