[NTG-context] Summing up ligature prevention tests

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 24 23:16:01 CET 2021

On 3/24/2021 8:24 PM, denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch wrote:

> Anything, I've missed? Other aspects to think about here? How about
> performance issues? (The blockligatures-mechanism resulted in this: with
> a word list of about 2200 words it took a bit more than five seconds to
> process 23 A5 pages than 2.5 seconds without the blocked ligatures. I'll
> test with the other methods later or tomorrow.)
of course there is always more:

\starttext

     {effie}
     {ef{\norightligaturing f}ie}
     {ef{\noleftligaturing f}ie}
     {ef{\noleftligaturing\norightligaturing f}ie}
     {ef{\noligaturing f}ie}
     {\noligaturing effie}

\stoptext

(con)tex(t) is all about control (and secret features),

(and yes: there's also \noleftkerning etc)