[NTG-context] Questions regarding \startexceptions and ligature prevention

denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 22 12:11:32 CET 2021

Ok, it does...

> >  2. What is the exact meaning of these four arguments ? {1}{2}{3} is
> >     clear, but what about the parentheses ?
> the lookup is using the third argument, the replacement is the fourth
>
> auffasste => auf\zwnj fasste
>
> when not hyphenated (without the () the third one is the replacement)

So, what's the advantage of using
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)as-ste
over
au{f-}{f}{ff}as-ste
if any?

Besides, is it intentional that this here will suppress the ff ligature?

\enabletrackers[hyphenation.applied.visualize]
\startexceptions[de]
	au{f-}{f}{ff}as-sen
\stopexceptions
\mainlanguage[de]