[NTG-context] Replacement mechanism?

denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 22 10:27:18 CET 2021

Hi,

last October I've reported a strange bug with \replaceword

I know there's the new mechanism for dealing with ligatures, and I still intend to convert the word list to the new format, but I'm still wondering whether that has been fixed.

Now, I've been testing with the minimal example below, and it looks there might be another bug with the replacement and ligature blocking mechanism:

% these don't prevent ligatures
\replaceword[eka][auffasse][au{ff}asse]
\replaceword[eka][auffasst][au{ff}asst]
\replaceword[eka][auffasste][au{ff}asste]
\replaceword[eka][asdf][jklö] % this works though
\setreplacements[eka]

% doesn't block the ff ligature
\blockligatures[ff]

% finally this here works
\startexceptions[de]
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)asse
au{f-}{f}{ff}(f\zwnj f)asste
\stopexceptions

\starttext
asdf % replacements work in general
auffasste
auffasse
ff

% now via exceptions:
\language[de]
auffasste
auffasse
ff

Best
Denis

On 10/8/2020 3:15 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
> Ok,
> I've commented the whole nolig-german-wordlist out piece by piece, and
> it looks like it comes down to this:
>
> ```
> \replaceword[eka][auffasse][au{ff}asse]
> \replaceword[eka][auffasst][au{ff}asst]
>
> \setreplacements[eka]
>
> \starttext
> auffasste
> auffasse
> \stoptext
> ```
>
> Uncommenting one of the \replacewords makes the wrong replacement
> disappear.
> But I don't see why "auffasste" should trigger an replacement. What is
> happening here?

i will look into it ... so patience is needed