[NTG-context] Ligatures missing with Times New Roman

denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch
Thu Mar 18 14:02:00 CET 2021

Hi

I'm have to use Times New Roman for a text, and I'm finding that ligatures don't seem to work properly.

\starttext
\definedfont[name:timesnewromanpsmt*default at 12 pt]
ff fl
\definedfont[name:linlibertineo*default at 12 pt]
ff fl
\switchtobodyfont[pagella]
ff fl
\stoptext

The ff and fl ligatures work out of the box with Linux Libertine O, and with TeX Gyre Pagella, but not with Times New Roman. I can use the ligatures in MS Word so the font has them, but I don't see why they shouldn't work with ConTeXt (LMTX).

Best
Denis