[NTG-context] lmt_outline

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 03:05:13 CET 2021

Thanks for the pointer, Aditya.  I had not seen this, but I couldn't get it
to do what I wanted.

I don't fully understand what nofill does and how it interacts with fill
and eofill.  I get strange results sometimes.  One complication, though, is
that the picture I get from lmt_outline seems to cover some part (small
area around the joining part) twice, so that messes up the even/odd logic
of eofill.

Here is one of the things I tried:

\starttext
\definedfont[dejavusansmono*arabic]
\setupalign[r2l]
\startMPcode
picture op; op := lmt_outline [
  text = "سلام",
  kind = "fillup",
  align = "r2l",
] scaled 6mm;
for i within op:
  nofill pathpart i;
endfor;
for i within op:
eofill pathpart i withpen pencircle scaled 1mm;
endfor;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext