[NTG-context] margin in TocEntry definition

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:22:42 CET 2021

Thanks for trying, Bruce. That earlier question you refer to was for a
similar situation and the answer resolved that one at the time (it was
my question even then!) but not the precise one I am facing now.

The problem, you see, is that \startalignment only offers a few key
words like flushleft, middle etc. and not what I need this time, which
is a precise indentation feature like .5cm. I suppose my real problem is
not being sufficiently au fait with how definitions work. I just can't
seem to get a definition that gives me a result like

Chapter title
    author ..................................... page number

the \startalignment approach with flushleft would not give me the
indentation obviously, and middle does not work for what I need, and
either of them also pushes the page number line down onto the next line,
which I don't want. I tried \skip .5cm, so:

\define[1]\SectionTocEntry{%
#1\crlf% title
\hskip
.5cm\doifnot{\structurelistuservariable{author}}{}{\structurelistuservariable{author}}%
}

But the \hskip is ignored at the beginning of a line. I wonder if there
is something else I can substitute it for?

Julian