[NTG-context] Write to tuc file

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 5 11:29:20 CET 2021

On 2/27/2021 6:28 PM, denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch wrote:
> It's a book that will be published in two volumes, continually paginated.
> In the end I need two pdf files, but I thought it might be easier to treat them as one volume and just split the files with some external tool afterwards.
>
> I could also treat them as two individual books, but then I'd have to get the last page number of volume 1 in volume 2.
In the early days of context (more than 2 decades ago) we had a printer
where we could inject from different trays and that is why we have a
feature in context to mark pages (so that directives for printers could
be inserted). This feature survived / evolved into marked pages.

You can do this (oeps.tex):

\starttext

\chapter[one]{One}

\markpage[first]  test \page test \page
\markpage[second] test \page

\chapter[two]{Two}

test \page
\markpage[fourth] test

\page

% \doifelsemarkedpage{second}{YES}{NO}
% \doifelsemarkedpage{fourth}{YES}{NO}

% \page

% \doifelsemarkedpage{second}{YES}{NO}
% \doifelsemarkedpage{fourth}{YES}{NO}

\stoptext

So, I was wondering if we can expose that differently.

 >context --pages oeps
mtx-context     | page : 0001 first
mtx-context     | page : 0003 second
mtx-context     | page : 0005 fourth

 >context --pages --page=second oeps
mtx-context     | page : 0003 second

 >context --pages --page=second,fourth oeps
mtx-context     | page : 0003 second
mtx-context     | page : 0005 fourth

But, as you're talking chapters, a variants (with less overhead) is:

 >context --pages --list=one,two oeps
mtx-context     | list : 0001 one
mtx-context     | list : 0004 two

Which of course assumes that you have a reference for the chapters.

This --pages feature is in the latest upload.