[NTG-context] Log overful boxes

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 4 15:12:04 CET 2021

On 3/4/2021 12:32 PM, denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch wrote:
> Thanks, that's helpful. Is there a way to collect these pieces of information and print them at the end together with rest of the processing information. I'm thinking of something like:
>
> mkiv lua stats  > 2 overful boxes, 3 underful boxes
>
> or:
>
> warning > 2 overful boxes, 3 underful boxes
>
> What do you think?
only when you document it on the wiki ....

pack quality    >
pack quality    > 4 entries added to the log file : overfull=1 | underfull=3
pack quality    >

in the log:

pack quality    > start

pack quality    > oeps.tex [0000 - 0010] : overfull  hbox : m
pack quality    > oeps.tex [0000 - 0011] : underfull hbox : m
pack quality    > oeps.tex [0000 - 0012] : underfull hbox : mm
pack quality    > oeps.tex [0000 - 0013] : underfull hbox : mmm

pack quality    > stop

using the already available mechanism:

\enabletrackers[builders.hpack.quality]
\enabletrackers[builders.hpack.overflow]

\starttext
     \hbox to 0em {m}
     \hbox to 1em {m}
     \hbox to 2em {mm}