[NTG-context] Shaded large letters in LMTX

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 2 18:47:15 CET 2021

On 3/2/2021 5:51 PM, Keith McKay wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to get the fill colour in lmt_outline[] to be shaded
> between two colours like in the lmt_shade[] command? It would be a nice
> effect for large letters or words.
Sometimes the impossible is possible (see effects-001 in test suite)

% see discussion on this list with/by Garulfo

\startMPpage
     picture tt ; tt := lmt_outline [
         kind = "fillup",
         text = "\definedfont[name:texgyrepagellabold*default]foo f o o",
     ] xsized 12cm ;

     path bb ; bb := boundingbox tt ;

     path pp ; pp := bb enlarged 2cm ;

     fill pp
        withshademethod "linear"
        withshadedirection down
        withshadecolors (red, blue) ;

     for i within tt :
         nofill pathpart i;
     endfor ;

     eofill bb withcolor "darkgreen" ; % you need to specify your
background
     clip currentpicture to bb ;
\stopMPpage

I think I should add that to the metafun manual.