[NTG-context] Make LMTX load a custom library

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 1 19:20:08 CET 2021

On 3/1/2021 6:38 PM, Lukas/ConTeXt wrote:
> Hello Hans,
> is it possible to keep wincon.dll outside the LMTX installation tree?
> I'd rather avoid anything in E:\tex-context\tex\* (or the installation
> dir in my comp).
> I keep Lua DLLs (and other extensions) independently as they need to be
> accessible for many programs.
> Or - is it possible to tell "mtxrun --generate" somehow to scan a
> specific directory, too (be it d:\Lukas\Lua\54\* in my case)?
The installer doesn't wipe the bin tree. In windows you can have the dll
in some system path too and there's also

   package.extralibpath("d:/Lukas/Lua/54")

or you can add stuff to the configuration file. I admit that I haven't
tested that in a while (I only occasionally use(d) the mysql library but
either with ffi (mkiv) or with the built in one (lmtx), not some
external lua specific wrapper).

The mentioned tracker shows you all the places where libs are searched.