[NTG-context] Write to tuc file

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 27 19:26:52 CET 2021

On 2/27/2021 6:28 PM, denis.maier at ub.unibe.ch wrote:
> It's a book that will be published in two volumes, continually paginated.
> In the end I need two pdf files, but I thought it might be easier to treat them as one volume and just split the files with some external tool afterwards.
>
> I could also treat them as two individual books, but then I'd have to get the last page number of volume 1 in volume 2.
On the console you see the pagenumbers right? What you need is the
realpage. You could actually do something:

\dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{tufte}\page}
\appendetoks
     \writestatus{!!!!!}{}
     \writestatus{!!!!!}{SPLIT HERE: \the\realpageno}
     \writestatus{!!!!!}{}
\to \everystoptext
\dorecurse{10}{\samplefile{tufte}\page}

and then use this number in:

context --extra=select --selection=1:4    oeps.pdf --once --autopdf
context --extra=select --selection=5:9999 oeps.pdf --once --autopdf

(We can actually relate tags to pages so maybe I will make something to
  pick that up from the tuc file.)