[NTG-context] Possible problem with context using the ARM 64bit download for Apple Silicon M1

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Tue Feb 23 20:41:54 CET 2021

On 23 Feb 2021, at 19:20, Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 2/23/2021 8:10 PM, Keith McKay wrote:
>> Thanks for your reply Hans.
>> I half suspected that the ARM version was experimental but thought I should report it anyway.
>> Much as I would love to donate an ARM mini to the farm the best I can do is offer to compile on my mac mini Silicon M1, however, I would have to add the caveat that this is something I have never done so would need a lot of hand holding.
> it would mean opening up your machien to mojca, adding it to the compile farm etc etc .. not a good idea, keeping it running 24/7 because we cannot afforc to miss a binary ... so we just wait till these arm machines make in into our homes .. no hurry i guess

Are the source files and test cases in a Git / Mercurial / Fossil / whatever repository somewhere? It would be easy enough to set up an automated daily check to see if there had been a change and then trigger a fresh build.

It doesn't even need to be that integrated - just a check on the latest intel binary and if that has been touched then trigger a download and local compile.

If Keith's scripting skills aren't up to it then I could do it and then developer sign and upload the resulting binary to OneDrive or similar.

Regards,
—
Bruce Horrocks
Hampshire, UK