[NTG-context] [LMTX] fonts problem (again)

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Feb 21 18:42:06 CET 2021

On 2/21/21 5:05 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/21/2021 4:45 PM, kaddour kardio wrote:
>>
>> Hi! Once again i'm unable to load my system's font which is working well
>> with MKIV.
>> [...]
>> export
>> OSFONTDIR=~/.local/share/fonts:/usr/share/fonts:/usr/share/texmf/fonts/opentype/
>> [...]
>> This problem occurred  to me since december 2020, i update LMTX weekly
>> from the archlinux user repo (aur) binary.
>> Any suggestions?
> [...]
> (making a copy - or link - in <sometexroot>/texmf-fonts/data/... could
> also work)
Hi Kaddour,

I use LMTX in Linux too and I have symlynks in <texroot>/texmf-fonts
that work perfectly fine (as Hans suggests).

I would create symlinks for your font directories, such as in:

  ln -s ~/.local/share/fonts <texroot>/texmf-fonts/local-fonts
  ln -s /usr/share/fonts <texroot>/texmf-fonts/system-fonts
  ln -s /usr/share/texmf/fonts/ <texroot>/texmf-fonts/texlive-fonts

After that, I think it would be helpful (this is what I do after each
LMTX update):

  mtxrun --script cache --erase
  mtxrun --generate

And compile your documents. The first run will make the format file.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk