[NTG-context] temporary changes to the layout - \startlocal undefined

Werner Hennrich wehe at gmx.at
Tue Feb 16 16:29:06 CET 2021

Hello Everybody,

I need to increase my header's space temporarily
and according to pg 99 of context_an_excursion "\startlocal ...
\stoplocal" is the way to go -
unfortunately my LMTX (2021.02.02 15:49) disagrees:

     \setuppapersize[A4][A4]
     \setuplayout[
         header=15mm,
     ]
     \starttext

     \input tufte
     \page

     \startlocal
     \setuplayout[header+=20mm]
     \input tufte
     \stoplocal
     \page

     \input tufte
     \stoptext

This fails:

     tex error       > tex error on line XX in file ./local-layout.tex:
Undefined control sequence
     XX >> \startlocal

Do I need to load something in order to use this?
Or has it been completely removed?
And if so, is there a new alternative method to do the same thing?

I was unable to find anything on this topic
except https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg63602.html
which raises the same question already in 2012 but never answers it IMHO.

Thank you very much,
Werner