[NTG-context] set fallback in \definefont

Mohammad Hossein Bateni bateni at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 20:47:41 CET 2021

Hi,

Is there a way to set the fallback for fonts when we define them not as a
typescript but using \definefont?

\definefont[MyFont][Font.otf*MyFeatures]

Is there a default fallback one can specify?
Is simplefonts module deprecated or discouraged now?

When we define a font via typescript commands, we can specify rm, ss, tt,
mm, hw and cg shapes for it.  Can we add arbitrary styles?  For example, I
would use this for quotations, headings, etc.  Currently, I either have to
spare ss or use \definefont for such scenarios.

Thanks,
--MHB