[NTG-context] parsing multi-valued parameters

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 12 09:01:25 CET 2021

On 2/12/2021 8:26 AM, Werner Hennrich wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> please can you give me pointers on how to easiest parse multi-valued
> \dummyparameter{...} like in
>
> \something[...,weather={sunshine, rain, hail},...]
>
> so that I can test for e.g.  rain, sunshine, wind, hail, mist, fog,
> storm etc, each if it is present or not?
>
> ...so I can keep my number of parameters down and my parameter list as
> simple as possible.
>
> I have no idea what to search for in the docs or (better) in the test
> cases / samples.
> Would be great if you could just let me know where to look or what to
> sarch for
\setvariables[mynamespace][a=1,b=2,c={3,4,5}]

\doifelseinset{4}{\getvariable{mynamespace}{c}}{FOUR}{OEPS}

\setvariables[mynamespace][d={one,two,three,four}]

\doifelseinset{4}{\getvariable{mynamespace}{c}}{FOUR}{OEPS}

\doifelseinset{two}{\getvariable{mynamespace}{d}}{y}{n}

of course when you need millions of (similar) checks you might go for
another approach but this is still doable (0.02 sec per 10K on my
machien so less on yours)