[NTG-context] Centered list of authors in ToC

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:18:44 CET 2021

Thank you. Ci siamo quasi, ma non del tutto! Nearly there!

The \midaligned{... } was obviously preventing the \crlf in the
\startchapter from working. Removing it altogether allowed the split to
occur but obviously not centred. So i have tried now adding the
\startalignment[middle] to the definition, but it has no effect if I do
it as follows:

\define[1]\SectionTocEntry{%
#1\crlf% title
\doifnot{\startalignment[middle]\structurelistuservariable{author}}{}{\structurelistuservariable{author}}%
\stopalignment}

and if I do it as:

\define[1]\SectionTocEntry{%
#1\crlf% title
\startalignment[middle]\doifnot{\structurelistuservariable{author}}{}{\structurelistuservariable{author}}%
}\stopalignment

compilation fails, and also does so if I enclose everything after
\startalignment and before \stopalignment in curly brackets. So how
might I use \startalignment[middle] in the definition?

Julian