[NTG-context] composing commands

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Feb 9 14:08:24 CET 2021

On 2/9/2021 11:03 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Thanks for the new composing commands. I made several tests and everything works great.
> I guess when you say something like
>
>> \withgrave       {a} == \\`{a}
>
> you mean
>
> \withgrave       {a} == \`{a}
>
> (this is what I tested…).
> Regarding the characters æ and œ, the command \chr produces them correctly, that is
>
> \chr{ae} \chr{AE}
> \chr{oe} \chr{OE}
>
> produce
>
> æ Æ
> œ Œ
>
> as expected.
> If you think these commands are to stay, please tell me if they have to be on the wiki.
I uploaded a new version. You can run

s-characters-combinations.mkxl

to see what's there. I added enough to be able to meet Richard's
demands. Some in that list are a bit tricky, like

    hook     ȥ
    stroke     ø

because they are not really accents. The characters with hooks are not
officially build from two characters. There is no composition info so I
added that myself but in such a way that it doesn't interfere with
regular input. There might be more exceptions that we need to deal with,
but I just wait till someone bring it up (read: it's up to users to
come with additional specs).