[NTG-context] printing the current date

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:48:30 CET 2021

Hans Hagen schrieb am 27.01.2021 um 22:31:
> On 1/27/2021 6:28 PM, Peter Münster wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 10 2021, Peter Münster wrote:
>>
>>> \currentdate% same as \date, but I would expect the day of today...
>>
>> Should I fill a bug-report on the tracker?
>> Perhaps also for the missing space after \date[]?
>
> Reporting here is faster. Can (lazy me) Wolfgang confirm the issue?

1. Wrong date

The \date command has wrong/weird grouping which makes global changes
for the day, month and year.

\permanent\tolerant\protected\def\date[#1]#*[#2]%
   {\dontleavehmode
    \ifparameter#1\or
      \begingroup
      \letdummyparameter\c!d\normalday
      \letdummyparameter\c!m\normalmonth
      \letdummyparameter\c!y\normalyear
      \getdummyparameters[#1]%
      \normalexpanded
        {\endgroup
         \normalday  \number\directdummyparameter\c!d\relax
         \normalmonth\number\directdummyparameter\c!m\relax
         \normalyear \number\directdummyparameter\c!y\relax}%
    \fi
    ...}

2. Missing space

When not all optional arguments are used the space after the last given
argument is gobbled. This was normal behavior for a long time until you
changed the code in MkIV to keep them.

\tolerant\def\foo[#1]#*[#2]%

\starttext

a \foo [1] b