[NTG-context] lmtx-20210118 | Corruption with rotated floats

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Jan 23 12:10:11 CET 2021

On 1/23/21 8:59 AM, Richard Mahoney wrote:
> [...]
> \placetable[here,90]
>
> results in the trashing of all subsequent body text in the PDF.
> [...]
> This error has been occurring for some time now, and unfortunately,
> while I would like to keep up the recent releases of LMTX, it is
> essential that I should be able to rotate tables and images. Does
> anyone know of a fix?

Richard,

a minimal sample with images would read:

  \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
  \starttext
  \placefigure[90, here]{Rotated sample}{\externalfigure[hacker.jpg]}
  \input zapf
  \stoptext

I don’t know why, but both MkIV and current latest (LMTX from
2021.01.22 09:41) place the rotated figure on a different page (with 90
and 270).

LMTX misplaces next paragraph on next page with both 90 and 270.

To show the issues with tables, a minimal sample would help. I’m afraid
I don’t have any experience rotating tables.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk