[NTG-context] running head for TOC

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:55:22 CET 2021

I have a very long Table of Contents (runs across five pages) and the
author would like the running head on recto pages for this to be 'Table
of Contents'.

I am using the following to create the TOC head:

\definehead
   [tochead]
   [title]

\starttochead[title={Table of Contents}]
\setupheader[state=start]
   \placecombinedlist[content]
\stoptochead

And I use the following to set up the headertexts for the book as a whole:

\setupheadertexts
   [{\hfill\getmarking[chapter]\hfill}][] %recto pages
   [{\hfill\documentvariable{metadata:title}\hfill}][] %verso pages

The problem is that I am unable to get 'Table of Contents' as a running
head for the two recto pages where I need it. I realise I need to get
'tochead' recognised somehow for this.  If I set up a separate
\setupheadertexts [{\hfill\getmarking[tochead]\hfill}][] then I end up
with 'Table of Contents as the running head on all recto pages, which I
don't want.

Can anyone suggest how can I get 'Table of Contents' as the running head
just for the two recto pages of a five page TOC?

Julian