[NTG-context] LMTX isn't typesetting math correctly with Pagella

Jack Hill jackhill3103 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:33:57 CET 2021

Hi,

I've been having some trouble with ConTeXt not typesetting math
correctly when using the Pagella font (I do not know if the same issue
occurs with other fonts as I haven't tested them).

If I compile with LMTX, the spacing between letters becomes very small
so that when I type "|f|", for example, the second "|" intersects the f
and looks rather ugly. However, compiling with the --luatex switch fixes
these issues and the math looks nice again.

Can anybody else replicate this issue, and does anybody know why it is
happening?

This the code I used to test:

|\setupbodyfont[pagella] \starttext \startformula |f| = \sqrt{\int_0^1
|f(t)|^2 \text{d}t} \stopformula \stoptext |||

Jack