[NTG-context] what’s up with \setupdelimitedtext[method=font]?

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 14 14:58:49 CET 2021

On 1/14/2021 10:44 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi again,
> the following example used to work with LMTX (but not MkIV) from September.
>
> Now I get the "narrower" indentation only if I comment the first line (in both versions) – apparently there’s a setup conflict, and I don’t know any more why I needed this setup.
>
> Could you explain what it does (did, should do)?
>
> Hraban
>

> \setupdelimitedtext[quotation][method=font] % hanging quotation marks
> %\setupalign[hanging]
> \setupnarrower[left=2em,right=1.5em]
>
> \definenarrower[Zitat]
> \setupnarrower[Zitat]
>   [left=2em,
>    right=1.5em,
>    before=\dontleavehmode\hskip-0.33em\startquotation,
>    % fake hanging quotation mark
>    after=\stopquotation]
>
> \usemodule[visual]
>
> \starttext
>
> \fakewords{50}{50}
>
> \startquotation
> quotation \fakewords{100}{100}
> \stopquotation\footnote{about quotation}
>
> \startZitat
> Zitat \fakewords{100}{100}
> \stopZitat\footnote{about Zitat}
>
> \stoptext
can you test with (in cont-new.mkxl)

\def\spac_narrower_start_apply#1%
   {\narrowerparameter\c!before
    \global\s_spac_narrower_left  \zeropoint
    \global\s_spac_narrower_right \zeropoint
    \global\s_spac_narrower_middle\zeropoint
    \edef\askednarrower{#1}%
    \ifx\askednarrower\v!reverse
      \ifconditional\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
        \frozen\leftskip \s_spac_narrower_right_last
        \frozen\rightskip\s_spac_narrower_left_last
        \setfalse\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
      \else
        \frozen\leftskip \s_spac_narrower_left_last
        \frozen\rightskip\s_spac_narrower_right_last
        \settrue\s_spac_narrower_last_swap
      \fi
    \else

\normalexpanded{\processcommalistwithparameters[\askednarrower]}\spac_narrower_initialize
      \frozen\advance\leftskip \dimexpr\s_spac_narrower_left
+\s_spac_narrower_middle\relax

\frozen\advance\rightskip\dimexpr\s_spac_narrower_right+\s_spac_narrower_middle\relax
    \fi
    \seteffectivehsize}