[NTG-context] what’s up with \setupdelimitedtext[method=font]?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Thu Jan 14 10:50:12 CET 2021

> Am 14.01.2021 um 10:44 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net>:
>
> Hi again,
> the following example used to work with LMTX (but not MkIV) from September.
>
> Now I get the "narrower" indentation only if I comment the first line (in both versions) – apparently there’s a setup conflict, and I don’t know any more why I needed this setup.
>
> Could you explain what it does (did, should do)?
>
> Hraban
>

> \setupdelimitedtext[quotation][method=font] % hanging quotation marks
> %\setupalign[hanging]
> \setupnarrower[left=2em,right=1.5em]
>
> \definenarrower[Zitat]
> \setupnarrower[Zitat]
> [left=2em,
>  right=1.5em,
>  before=\dontleavehmode\hskip-0.33em\startquotation,
>  % fake hanging quotation mark
>  after=\stopquotation]
>
> \usemodule[visual]
>
> \starttext
>
> \fakewords{50}{50}
>
> \startquotation
> quotation \fakewords{100}{100}
> \stopquotation\footnote{about quotation}
>
> \startZitat
> Zitat \fakewords{100}{100}
> \stopZitat\footnote{about Zitat}
>
> \stoptext

Ah, I recognized the problem again:

I need the footnote marker at the closing quotation mark. \setupdelimitedtext... does that, but kills the indent. Without the setup, I get the indent, but the footnote marker moves to the next line.

And there’s a problem with MkIV (--luatex): TeX stops with **, after entering \end, I get the PDF, so something’s unclosed.

Hraban