[NTG-context] new upload

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 12:00:02 CET 2021

Hi,

A new upload ... I'm playing abit with font tweaks ...

\enableexperiments[fonts.compact] % for the definitions

\starttext

     \definefont[FooA][Serif*default @ 12pt 1800 500]
     \definefont[FooB][Serif*default @ 12pt 0.85 0.50]
     \definefont[FooC][Serif*default @ 12pt]

     \definetweakedfont[runwider] [xscale=1.5]
     \definetweakedfont[runtaller][yscale=2.5,xscale=.8,yoffset=-.2ex]

     {\FooA test test \runwider test test \runtaller test test}\par
     {\FooB test test \runwider test test \runtaller test test}\par
     {\FooC test test \runwider test test \runtaller test test}\par

     \blank {\input tufte }

     \blank {\glyphxscale 1070 \input tufte }

     \definetweakedfont[squeezed] [xscale=0.9]

     \blank $a = mb^2 + \sqrt{123}$
     \blank {\squeezed $a = mb^2 + \sqrt{123}$}

\stoptext

Just run these examplex in lmtx to get an idea. It might come in handy
for special cases, like making sure something fits in some area or make
for instance last lines look a bit better (posters or so).

For the moment I decided for two additional (optional) scale directives
in the font definition (hopefully i didn't mess up the ctx parser for
that). Scales are either fractions or integers (the traditional tex
scaling in permilles).

Hans

(also, odd in mp and ligs in some cases fixed)