[NTG-context] LuaTeX and PDF.js

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 8 00:54:46 CET 2021

On 1/8/2021 12:39 AM, Vedran Miletić wrote:

> It's whatever ConTeXt standalone has. I don't have any extra Lua installed:

--credits should mention the lua version

> Should I see it on non-HiDPI as well? Because it seems it's there.

depends on what you consider (non) hdpi ... the positioning of glyphs
depends on font scale, rounding of stems and such (hints in fonts but
these get less relevant with high res displays), caching, inter glyph
corrections (that pdftex/luatex/...) put in the text stream to resync
within certain tolerances, etc ... (often a print is a better reference
as displays are seldom 600+ dpi) .. it's also why often expansion looks
bad on screen because even a sub percentage difference can give such
effects