[NTG-context] LuaTeX and PDF.js

Vedran Miletić vedran at miletic.net
Fri Jan 8 00:39:52 CET 2021

On 07. 01. 2021. 23:01, Hans Hagen wrote:

> what lua does your 2.08 have? if it's 5.2. then such small differences
> can be a side effect of lua (different number models), serialization
> of numbers (default accuracy), or maybe rounding in the lua=>tex font
> interface (there were some fixes iir), the number of digist that the
> backend uses, etc

It's whatever ConTeXt standalone has. I don't have any extra Lua installed:

$ luametatex --version
This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.08.11

Execute 'luametatex --credits' for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by the
terms
of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later
version. For more information about these matters, see the file named
COPYING
and the LuaTeX source.

Functionality : level 20210107
Support       : context at ntg.nl
Copyright     : The Lua(Meta)TeX Team(s) (2005-2020+)

The LuaMetaTeX project is related to ConTeXt development. This macro package
tightly integrates TeX and MetaPost in close cooperation with Lua.

$ luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.13.0 (TeX Live 2021/dev)

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.

LuaTeX is Copyright 2020 Taco Hoekwater and the LuaTeX Team.

Typing lua gives command not found and texlua is system one.

> anyhow, so what you see (in the file) is (per line) transform matrices
> that are slightly different so what you then see is rounding to the
> device pixels

Should I see it on non-HiDPI as well? Because it seems it's there.

Regards,

Vedran