[NTG-context] Display reference number as Roman number

Rik Kabel rik at panix.com
Thu Jan 7 00:46:02 CET 2021

On 11/24/2020 22:09, Rik Kabel wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> What I thought should be a simple conversion escapes me.
>
> I have a reference (created originally via a label defined by
> \definelabel) that, when referenced as \in[label] or
> \ref[number][label] displays a number, and that is how I normally use
> it. However, I want to display it in one instance as a Roman numeral.
> \Romannumerals{\in[label]} complains that it is not being fed a number.
>
> How can I display the label number in Roman number format in this one
> instance?
>
> --
> Rik

Okay, I have something that works. Perhaps not optimally, but it is
functional.

    \definelabel[Qa]
    \definecounter[SAVE][numberconversion=R]
    \starttext
    This is labeled.\Qa\par
    This is labeled.\Qa[REF]\par
    \setcounter[SAVE][{\rawcountervalue[Qa]}]
    See \in[REF].\par
    See \ref[number][REF].\par
    See \in[REF].\par
    This is labeled.\Qa\par
    See \convertedcounter[SAVE].\par
    \stoptext

If you can improve it, please do. A solution that lets me use the label
name (Qa here) and convert the associated number would be nice.

--
Rik