[NTG-context] A not so short introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 6 13:08:46 CET 2021

On 1/5/2021 9:31 PM, Garulfo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that Mojca created a directory
> https://github.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context
>
> Joaquín, if you agree, and if
> - you provide me with the spanish + english source codes
> - Mojca provide you and me with github write access (garulfogb account)
>
> i could :
> 1/ push the current code
> 2/ start to write a github wiki page (+ link on contextgarden) to
> describe :
> - for you : how to update from your own computer (the official source)
> - for any user : how to use git to get the source + link to this list
> for discussion.
>
> Does anybody has a guide about "how to set up a documentation
> translation project with git ?".
> One requirement will probably to define how propositions are officially
> validated. Does it requires Joaquín to learn how to use git ? Can we
> just work by sending files (or patches) to Joaquín who will update with
> a single git command ?
It's mainly about archiving, right? Those who write and maintain decide
to use the repos in whatever way. (Personally I only use the gardens git
repos for archiving and occasionally just watching what got changed. I
don't even know (or care) how to fetch a specific version other than the
latest right now.