[NTG-context] Continued chapter numbers

jbf roma83537 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:24:07 CET 2021

I need chapter numbers to continue sequentially across several parts. At
the moment, when Part 2 begins, it begins with Chapter 1 once more,
while it should be (in continued sequence) Chapter 4.

I know that I can achieve the desired result by including ownnumber=4, so:

\startchapter[title={My chapter title},ownnumber=4] will do that for me.
But this means I have to do it for every chapter that follows (there are
11 more!).

Perhaps there is a single way to get the result I want in the preamble
with \setuphead[chapter] or similar. I have searched the wiki but it is
not easy to find an answer to this. Can anyone point me to where, in the
wiki, I can find a simple way to ensure sequential chapter numbers?

Julian