[NTG-context] A not so short introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV

Joaquín Ataz López jal at um.es
Wed Jan 6 06:26:34 CET 2021

I don't really know anything about git, so I can't give my opinion about
what is or isn't convenient to do. Certainly to report bugs in my text I
don't think it takes anything more than an e-mail to send them to me.
Having a repository can be useful to keep a version that is always up to
date; but that, on the other hand, would force me to be continually
modifying the text, which in principle is not my intention. I do not
exclude that there will be other versions in the future, but for the
moment this is not part of my plans. And if there were other versions,
it would be more to add some chapter; mainly I think that the most
important material that is missing is the one related to XML, Lua and
Metapost, that is: the three additional languages in which a ConTeXt
document can be written. But I am far from being able to write anything
about any of those three aspects. Some member of the list has offered to
help me with it, but not immediately (we all have a lot of work).

The original idea, I think, was to provide a platform that would allow
different collaborators to translate the text into different languages.
Whether or not git is the best solution for that purpose, I really don't
know.

What I would appreciate is that guide on "how to set up a documentation
translation project with git? that Garulfo proposes.

El 5/1/21 a las 21:31, Garulfo escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that Mojca created a directory
> https://github.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context
>
> Joaquín, if you agree, and if
> - you provide me with the spanish + english source codes
> - Mojca provide you and me with github write access (garulfogb account)
>
> i could :
> 1/ push the current code
> 2/ start to write a github wiki page (+ link on contextgarden) to
> describe :
> - for you : how to update from your own computer (the official source)
> - for any user : how to use git to get the source + link to this list
> for discussion.
>
> Does anybody has a guide about "how to set up a documentation
> translation project with git ?".
> One requirement will probably to define how propositions are
> officially validated. Does it requires Joaquín to learn how to use git
> ? Can we just work by sending files (or patches) to Joaquín who will
> update with a single git command ?
>

> Le 03/01/2021 à 19:08, Hans Hagen a écrit :

>>> If you want to see it under
>>>      https://github.com/contextgarden/
>>> just propose the repository name and list the usernames for those who
>>> should initially have access.
>> also because that would fit well into the plans for a bunch of
>> context related repositories
>>
>> Hans

>>                                            Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>>                Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>>         tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl

Joaquín Ataz López
Derecho Civil
Universidad de Murcia