[NTG-context] \definefontfeature and script

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Jan 5 18:53:00 CET 2021

On 1/5/21 5:11 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> If script=auto, current latest (2021.01.05 10:45) works fine. If it is
>> set to Latin (as above), I don’t get small caps.
>>
>> Besides the potential issue in ConTeXt, I think that "script=auto" may
>> be safer than "script=latn". Or am I taking too much for granted?
> well, ytou get what you ask for ... if you don't set the script you get
> default (dflt) which also gives small caps

I have another sample that makes me wonder whether ConTeXt is misbehaving:

  \definefontfeature
    [onumsmcp]
    [script=latn,
     onum=yes,
     smcp=yes,
     c2sc=yes]

  \definefallbackfamily
    [mainface]
    [rm]
    [GFS Heraklit]
    [preset=range:greek,
     force=yes]

  \definefontfamily
    [mainface]
    [rm]
    [TeX Gyre Pagella]

  \setupbodyfont
    [mainface]

  \starttext
    \feature[+][onumsmcp]\tfb ab12αβ
  \stoptext

GFS Heraklit
(https://greekfontsociety-gfs.gr/_assets/fonts/GFS_Heraklit.zip [direct
link].) defines Greek c2sc and smcp for grek{dflt} (as displayed by
FontForge [which I read as: default language and Greek script]).

Adding script=latn works with latest from 2020.12.30 16:45. Altough it
shouldn’t, since it would requiere Greek script for the Greek glyph
substitution.

That trick doesn’t work with latest from 2021.01.05 10:45. Either
script=latn or script=grek. And so are the glyph substitutions I get.

Sorry, but shouldn’t script=auto work for both?

I don’t know what I am missing or whether I hit a bug.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk