[NTG-context] dutch calendars 3 months

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:51:15 CET 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 1:14 PM Taco Hoekwater <taco at bittext.nl> wrote:

> Being Dutch, I never realised there was such a thing as a “Dutch
> calendar”.
>
> These are just calendars? What makes them “Dutch” from an Italian
> viewpoint?
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

The  reference site treccani says
https://www.treccani.it/vocabolario/olandese/
 Calendario o., quello formato da 12 o 6 fogli contenenti ciascuno uno o
due mesi con i giorni disposti in colonna, che si appende alla parete.

So, a wall calendar with 12 or 6 sheets, each one within one or two months,
but the canonical form is  with  12 sheets  with the previous month on the
left, the current month at the center and the next month on the right,
each one with the days in a single column.
Of course there are now many variations, but the canonical form is the
better one.
I don't know the origin of the term.
--
luigi