[NTG-context] ligature prevention

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 5 12:51:35 CET 2021

Hi,

I probably didn't mention this yet but the way to deal with ligature and
kerning prevention in lmts is:

     whatever\par
     {\nokerning whatever}\par
     efficient ff fi\par
     {\noligaturing efficient ff fi}\par
     {\nokerning\noligaturing efficient ff fi}\par
     {e{\noligaturing ffi}cient}\par

because this feature can be used local and because it actually has more
granularity than advertised, I added this in the next version

     {ef{\noleftligaturing f}icient ff fi}\par
     {ef{\norightligaturing f}icient ff fi}\par

(so, specific commands for left/right control). Or course one can wonder
how useful it is, but because tex is all about control ...