[NTG-context] A not so short introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Jan 4 17:44:36 CET 2021

On Sun, 3 Jan 2021, Joaquín Ataz López wrote:

> Hello to all:
>
> Two months ago I informed to the list that I had written an introduction
> in Spanish to ConTeXt Mark IV. This interested several people, and in
> order to increase their potential audience, a member of this list
> (native English speaker) has proceeded to translate my text into English.
>
> It is precisely the members of this list who need no introduction at
> all, but it can sometimes be useful to help someone get started with the
> fascinating typesetting system that is ConTeXt.
>
> As for the English translation, I have made some small changes to the
> Spanish version, so anyone who understands Spanish and prefers to read
> it in its original language can download the new version:
>
> Both versions are available at the following links
>
> - Spanish: https://webs.um.es/jal/docs/introCTX_esp.pdf
>
> - Engilish: https://webs.um.es/jal/docs/introCTX_eng.pdf
>
> Soon I will send both texts, with their source files, to the
> documentation section of the CTAN repository.

This is an excellent and detailed introduction. I had briefly skimmed through the Spanish version when you had posted it earlier, but since I do not understand Spanish I could not follow it. Now have quickly read some parts of the English version, I find that the document is very well written and at the right level of detail and tone for a new user. Thank you for writing this.

Aditya