[NTG-context] A not so short introduction to ConTeXt Mark IV

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jan 4 15:53:49 CET 2021

Am Mon, 4 Jan 2021 15:30:43 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> Well we discourage the use of plain commands to avoid that new users
>> trip over bewildering errors from stuff like "abc \hskip 2cm plus
>> cde", but it is not forbidden to use them.
> Hm, \hskip is not a plain command but a language primitive.

Yes, sorry. I lost the "TeX" from  the "(plain) TeX commands" from
Henning.

> One of those 'persistent' wrong ideas about context is that it somehow
> is kind of plain

Really? I wouldn't see it this way. I wondered a bit about the
number of primitives shown in the document of JoaquĆ­n, but that they
are used certainly doesn't make context like plaintex.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/