[NTG-context] metapost graph and ConTeXt LMTX

Jean-Philippe Rey jean-philippe.rey at centralesupelec.fr
Sun Jan 3 20:30:56 CET 2021

> Le 3 janv. 2021 à 19:21, Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> a écrit :
>
> On 1/3/2021 7:12 PM, Jean-Philippe Rey wrote:
>> Dear List,
>> I have used TikZ and pgfplots for a few years and I am considering switching to metapost/metafun which appears more efficient with LMTX. I have already designed several figures with metapost/metafun and some with the help of metaobj and I am fully satisfied with the result.
>
> Alan rewrote graph in a more context way ... so, there is the m-grapph.mkiv module (I admit, not tested for a while).

Thank you Hans for pointing to this module.

I took a look at m-graph.mkiv and wrote the following

======================================
\usemodule[graph]

\starttext
\startMPcode{graph}
draw begingraph(150mm, 100mm);
	gdraw "test-mpgraph.txt";
	endgraph;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

which fails with "error: Improper type" (see attached log file). Maybe I don't understand how to use the graph module.

--
Jean-Philippe Rey
jean-philippe.rey at centralesupelec.fr <mailto:jean-philippe.rey at centralesupelec.fr>