[NTG-context] SILE typesetter and other projects

Andres Conrado Montoya andresconrado at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:19:17 CET 2021

Hi Denis.

SILE seems interesting, aslo Patoline. However, I think both of these are
very immature, and I feel somewhat puzzled by the authors of SILE when they
say that you can't do grid typesetting on TeX without horrible hacks,
blatantly ignoring ConTeXt's achievements on the matter.

If you want to check an alternative typesetting system, I would tell you to
not look forward but backwards: groff/troff are alive and well, are very
mature, and you can find a lot of documentation and tutorials, even a
subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/groff/. I would recommend trying the
MOM macros for groff: http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-01.html

--
Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú
andresconrado at gmail.com
http://sesentaycuatro.com
http://messier87.com
http://chiquitico.org
Los fines no justifican los medios, porque la medida verdadera de nuestro
carácter está dada por los medios que estamos dispuestos a utilizar, no por
los fines que proclamamos.

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell