[NTG-context] Ducks in ConTeXt

Jairo A. del Rio jairoadelrio6 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:23:42 CET 2021

El jue, 31 de dic. de 2020 a la(s) 07:17, Wolfgang Schuster (
wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com) escribió:

> Jairo A. del Rio schrieb am 24.12.2020 um 15:18:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I've recently ported TikZducks to ConTeXt and finally removed TIkZ
> > along the way. So a new module was created. The module is called
> > "metaducks" (lol) and it's essentially a \useMPgraphic{...} with a lot
> > of options, most of them ported from TikZducks. For those not familiar
> > with the package, it draws customized rubber ducks :) I want to
> > include some more, so I'll gladly read any feedback, recommendations
> > and suggestions. Eventually I want it to be a module on its own. The
> > module is already in the ConTeXt Group:
> >

> https://modules.contextgarden.net/cgi-bin/module.cgi/action=details/id=105
> >
> > in case anyone wants to give it a try. Here's a minimal example:
> >
> > \usemodule[metaducks]
> > \starttext
> > \ducks[santa=true,mug=true]
> > \stoptext
> >
> > I wish the best for you all. Happy holidays!
>
> It's nice to see a new third party module for ConTeXt but you have to
> make a few changes.
>
> 1. You have to put the module and the documentation in the correct doc
> and tex folders.

I'm doing it now. Thanks, I'll give my module some more order.

> 2. You should give your manual a better name, e.g. metaducks-manual.tex

Agreed. I'll prepare a better manual before updating.

> 3. You can put your color definitions in the module, there is no need
> for a new color file, especially because most of the colors you use are
> already predefined.

Oh, colors are a bit different, so I copied RGB definitions from
xcolor.sty, especially because with ConTeXt colors ducks looked a bit
"brown" rather than yellow. However, I can merge t-metaducks.mkvi and
colo-imp-xcolor.mkiv if necessary.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jairo