[NTG-context] xrightarrow specific size issue

Bruce Horrocks ntg at scorecrow.com
Sat Jan 2 15:30:13 CET 2021

> On 1 Jan 2021, at 14:25, Johann Birnick <johann.birnick at hotmail.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Aditya,
>
> I know the syntax, my problem is about the options for the length of the arrow.
>
> For example
>
> \xrightarrow[big]{abc}
>
> gives a longer arrow than
>
> \xrightarrow{abc}
>
> According to different manuals also specific lengths should be possible. But
> they don't work. I think it's a bug. (because the example from a documentation
> doesn't work)
>
> Best regards,
> Johann

I'm not sure which manual you are looking in to find a reference to the ability to add a specific dimension.

In the source I can only find named sizes of 'none', 'normal', 'small', 'medium' and 'big'. You can 'kludge' these by extending the length of the text using hard spaces. Alternatively there is \rightarrowfill which you might be able to put into a frame of the desired width?

\starttext
$1\xrightarrow[none]{blah} 1$
\par
$2\xrightarrow[normal]{blah} 2$