[NTG-context] About \includeMPgraphic and local presets

Jairo A. del Rio jairoadelrio6 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:32:16 CET 2021

Hi, list!
I've read elsewhere \MPrawvar allows a preset to be applied outside
\start...\stopuseMPgraphic.

\startuseMPgraphic{hi}
draw fullcircle scaled \MPrawvar{hi}{u};
\stopuseMPgraphic

\setupMPvariables[hi][u=1cm]

\startMPcode
\includeMPgraphic{hi}
\stopMPcode

However, \includeMPgraphic{...} only accepts one argument. I've come up
with a somewhat ugly solution to pass a different value:

\begingroup %\start
\setupMPvariables[hi][u=2cm]
\startMPcode
\includeMPgraphic{hi}
\stopMPcode
\endgroup %\stop
%Outside \MPrawvar{hi}{u} will be 1cm

What should I do to keep redefinitions local or pass settings only for
certain instances of \IncludeMPgraphic{...}? Is there a better solution?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards and best wishes for this New Year!

Jairo