[NTG-context] "page i/n" in footer

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Nov 8 13:43:47 CET 2020

On 11/8/20 11:48 AM, Sylvain Hubert wrote:
> Indeed, \setupfooterexts is much clearer for page numbering. Thanks for
> the help!.
>
> Btw, do you know whether there is any difference between \lastpagenumber
> and \lastuserpagenumber mentioned both by Wolfgang and by the excursion
> book <http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/ma-cb-en.pdf>?

Besides Wolfgang’s reply (way far more authoritative than mine), my
approach is basic.

grep the and read the source:

  $ grep -irl lastpagenumber ~/lmtx
    ~/lmtx/mlib-int.lua
    ~/lmtx/mlib-int.lmt
    ~/lmtx/meta-pag.mkiv
    ~/lmtx/mult-def.lua
    ~/lmtx/strc-pag.mkxl
    ~/lmtx/strc-pag.mkiv

~/lmtx is only a symlink for
~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/.

I created that symlink, because grepping for commands or options is a
way to learn by reading the code.

Not that I understand the whole, but I see which options are available
and I can check some samples included.

strc-pag.mkxl is your friend here. There are three page series. You
could even create more page series (not normally needed).

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk