[NTG-context] --silent and so on

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 23 16:21:24 CEST 2020

On 7/23/2020 2:39 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>> On 22 Jul 2020, at 17:57, thierry horsin <horsin at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody
>>
>> I am a current context user since now many years and in particular I use it on linux with automatic compilation with a bash script detecting any modifications of the .tex file. In order for this to work I used with previous versions
>>
>> the "--nonstopmode --batchmode --silent --noconsole" compilation options.
>
> Somewhat related question: is there a way to get rid of the
>
>     “This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.06.18 “
>
> line on the terminal ?
Ah, you want to completely hide that tex is used, just in case someone
who watches a run gets bad feelings (and expectations) due to earlier
experiences, like ever being forced to use the backslasg driven language
during education ... "Oh no, please, not TeX again!".

Read: you need a hook where you can change it to "typeset on my ipad" or
so, like:

\starttext

     \ctxlua {
         texio.write_nl(