[NTG-context] \blank space at the top of a page

James Withers james.o.withers at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:35:26 CEST 2020

Hello list

I have been trying to find a solution to how to insert blank lines
before a chapter heading at the start of a page. In the following
example the \blank[4*big] is ignored. The solution I've found is to
add an empty box using \mbox{} before the \blank command.

Is this the right way to do it or is there a more elegant way that I
am missing?

Many thanks

James

\setuphead[chapter][before={\blank[4*big]}]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={No space above this chapter}]

chapter text etc

\stopchapter

\setuphead[chapter][before={\mbox{}\blank[4*big]}]

\startchapter[title={Chapter with the right spacing}]

chapter text etc

\stopchapter