[NTG-context] mtxrun

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Feb 11 21:57:27 CET 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020, Rudolf Bahr wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 07:38:54PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 2/11/2020 6:26 PM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
>>
>> > "whereis mtxrun" gives:
>> >     ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun.lua
>> >     ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun
>> >     ~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun.lua
>> >     ~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun
>> i assume that you run the last one in this list, which is a copy of or link
>> to the luametatex binary in the texmf-linux-64/bin path
>

> Hans, thank you for your answer!
>
> So I run explicitly the second one:
>   ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun --generate
> but I got the same error.

This is the wrong binary. As Hans said (and also what I wrote in my
message) is that you have to run the one in
~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/

> Sorry, "~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun --generate" again resulted in:
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to 'bin'
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '.'
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '..'

I would suggest that you run these commands from outside the
~/context-lmtx directory, so that the above variables show the full path
rather than the relative path.

> "mtxrun --generate" run outside the installation directory gets the same result:
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to '/home/sam/context-lmtx/bin'
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '/home/sam/context-lmtx'
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '/home/sam'
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
>   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to 'context-lmtx'

This shows that the wrong binary is being used. You are using the binary
in /home/sam/context-lmtx/bin when you should use
/home/sam/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin.

Aditya