[NTG-context] fatal error: there is no valid writable cache path defined

Damien Thiriet damien at thiriet.web4me.fr
Fri Nov 15 21:20:16 CET 2019

Hi,

I ran into trouble with caches. First I updated the new binaries
and they compiled fine under OpenBSD6.6-amd64.
Then I uploaded some binaries Hans asked me to test, moved this
luametatex to /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-openbsd6.6-amd64/bin/,
deleted files inside /usr/local/context/tex/texmf-cache (but not
texmf-cache itself, since I understand whipe as cleaning inside it)
and ran mtx-run --generate then context --auto.
When I tried afterwards to compile those new binaries, I get this
error

This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.01.0

resolvers       > caches > fatal error: there is no valid writable cache
path defined

Running mtx-run --generate on my user account did not solve the problem.
I certainly did something wrong.
I tried to revert to the standard lmtx binaries running install.sh
but those errors are still here.

Regards,

Damien Thiriet