[NTG-context] Right-to-left Documents

Marc Trius derpayatz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 16:44:26 CET 2019

I'm trying to create a two-sided document in an RTL language. I'd like to
reverse the margins and the page flow, so that the first page has the
binding on the right side, rather than on the left, and the documents
display correctly in pdf readers.

I posted this question on TeX Stack exchange, and was informed by Wolfgang
Schuster that it is currently impossible to do. He suggested that I
use \setcounter[realpage][2]
to simulate a document that starts with a left page, but warned that this
might cause unwanted side effects.

Would it be possible to properly implement document-level right to left
direction? I am not an expert ConTeXt user, but I would be happy to assist
in testing as much as I am able.

Thank you,
Marc Trius